01 Oct Business Systems: Why SMEs & Large Corporations Need Them
Cloud-based computing systems have been at the forefront of IT technology for over 10 years and in that time they’ve proven to be a game-changer. There are many reasons for this. For SMEs, cloud-based business systems give them the opportunity to compete with larger corporations by removing the up-front costs, therefore levelling the playing field.
But large corporations are reaping the benefits too as this technology can scale up, processing limitless volumes of data in milliseconds, and it can be used by anyone, from any device.
If you’ve been considering turning to a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, here are some of the many benefits that you’ll receive.
The Benefits of an ERP System
An ERP system integrates internal and external information within your business into a single, comprehensive solution. Here’s how you could benefit:
- Streamline Your Business Processes: Many companies use a variety of software in different elements of their businesses: accounting, sales, shipping, etc. By integrating everything into a single database, all staff always have access to accurate, real-time data. This means you can make decisions quicker, which frees up time to grow your business.
- Easy Access to all Business Data: The rapid pace of business today means companies often need access to data quickly. By utilising an ERP system, you can access key data when you need it. Managers have an accurate overview of the business at all times, and staff have the ability to access the data they need to do their jobs efficiently.
- Accounting & IT Systems Are Simplified: In traditional business structures, accounting and IT can be large, unwieldy tasks – accounting departments are drowning in paper invoices, while IT departments have their hands full with numerous different systems to maintain. Turning to an ERP simplifies these processes, saving money and freeing up time to be more productive with the tasks you really need.
- Sales & Customer Service Will Improve: Companies that manage sales, inventory and customer data separately can suffer as staff find it difficult to accurately track orders, giving the impression of being unreliable and disorganised. By integrating these systems, staff in all departments will be able to track orders and answer queries immediately, offering a better level of service and boosting sales.
The Benefits of a CRM System
CRM systems manage a company’s interaction with customers, current and future. The technology helps to organise, automate and synchronise sales. Here’s how you could benefit:
- A Complete Picture: A CRM system integrates your email, tasks and calendar into one system, which you can access from anywhere. This gives you a single platform in which to organise your business, making it easier for it to grow and ensuring everybody in your company has access to the same data.
- You Can Manage Unlimited Customer Data: It can be difficult to keep track of all your customers and potential customers, and stay on top of their various tasks and events. By using a CRM system, you can store and manage unlimited customer data, helping you to keep track and providing an elite level of customer service.
- You Have Instant Access to Metrics: Metrics are vital for your business growth and success, but it’s inconvenient and time-consuming turning to Excel spreadsheets for your data. Using a centralised system gives you immediate access to conversion rates and successful projects whenever you need them – you can even create custom reports to track the data essential to you.
- Staff Can Manage Their Time Effectively: Can you remember when you need to follow up on sales or which stage of the process each of your customers is at? A CRM system helps you to keep track of the status of your customers and prompts you when action is required. This helps to boost sales and can be crucial to spotting opportunities.
The Impact of Cloud-Based Business Systems
Cloud-based services have improved business processes beyond recognition. They give businesses the flexibility to scale and grow, while processes are centralised and simplified, so staff can provide a heightened level of customer service, leading to improved sales and conversions. What’s more, you don’t need a complete overhaul of your IT systems to incorporate them.
Cloud systems represent a fundamental shift in the way businesses work, and it’s becoming increasingly clear that if you want to stay competitive and future-proof your business, then it’s time to join the revolution.
For more information about the innovative and efficient systems that Tricostar provide, get in touch by calling +44 (0)208 292 2660. You can also contact us online.