01 Jul Major International Bank and Tricostar Slash Implementation Costs
…and achieve a Major System Migration and a New System Installation, with a Neutral Carbon Footprint.
A well know international provider of banking and insurance services to personal, business and institutional customers uses an IBM Domino Help desk product purchased from Tricostar called GWI c.Support for its global helpdesk operations.
In spring 2008 a large division, who use 2 of the 4 installed help desk systems within the bank, opted to migrate one of their Domino systems to GWI’s c.Support.Net version and at the same time move to an externally hosted environment with Tricostar. They also purchased a 5th c.Support .Net help desk system for another department.
Systems administrators and users of these systems were spread globally from Curacao to Ireland to Netherlands and Hong Kong.
Traditional implementation processes would have been expensive and with the potential travelling involved make a significant “dent” in Tricostar’s carbon footprint.
The objective was to deliver the total implementation from product presentation to order to contract to installation to implementation and training without the need offace to face meetings between either organisations – saving significant costs!
How was this done?
- To start with all communications were by teleconference, web presentation tools and email.
- Hardware acquisition and installation was done at Tricostar’s high security data centre in the UK where it houses all its hosted systems for many of its clients.
- Installation and configuration was done over the Web by one of Tricostar’s Scottish based senior consultants (who never left Scotland!)
- The migration was done by sending appropriate files across the web.
- All the administration and user training was coordinated across time zones and was web based.
- All the above was achieved in an 8 week window from order to completion without a single travel mile or expense being incurred by Tricostar staff.
- Tricostar can now offer the same savings to all its clients as all Tricostar products are web based and with hosted technology available today travel and implementation costs can be slashed.
Tricostar, now in its 21st year, is a leading provider of web based solutions to the corporate and public sector markets. It provides IT Help Desk Solutions to leading UK and European companies and legal case management, time recording, statutory complaints management committee minutes administration and help desk to UK public sector organisations.
For more information contact Tricostar on +44 (0)208 292 2660